Netcall Solutions (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and the Data Protection Act 2018 and the regulations made under them (the DP Law), the data controller is, the Customer and Asset Services is the data processor in relation to personal data as defined in the GDPR (“Personal Data”).
Our nominated data protection representative for the purpose of the DP Law is Rob Osborn.
Information We Collect From You
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site https://www.message-direct.co.uk or other websites operated by us (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, open an account with us, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, or when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, or other factual information about you or your business
- Information We Collect About You
- With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for’ page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Uses Made Of The Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form or registration form);
- To notify you about changes to our products or services;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, accounting and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- Failure to provide personal information. Where we require personal information in order to be able to enter into a contract with you, or to perform a contract, your failure to supply the information will prevent the effecting or performance of the contract and we will have no liability for any loss which results from the failure to supply the required data.
- How long we will hold the information. We will hold the information for the processing of any information required for any contract we have with you and for a reasonable period thereafter. We will review the information held on a periodic basis and delete information which we assess will no longer be required for any future dealings between you and us.
Disclosure Of Your Information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If the shares of Netcall Solutions or an associated company or substantially all of their assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If required in connection with the obtaining of any professional or other advice from any third parties;
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties if:
- You are calling Netcall Solutions with the intention of contacting an individual or company with whom we have a contractual relationship to provide services for.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
If in the future your personal data is transferred by us outside the EEA for processing or storage, we will ensure that any such transfer is made in accordance with the requirements of the DP Law.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, in accordance with good business practice, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site at all times; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will put in place and apply strict procedures and security features to try to prevent any unauthorised third party access.
Your Right To Object To Data Processing
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing or any other purposes at any time. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for any marketing or similar purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right to prevent processing at any time at any time by contacting us at Info@netcallsolutions.co.uk.
However, we have the right to continue to process the information where we have compelling legal grounds to do so or if the processing is required by us in connection with legal claims.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access To Information
The DP Law gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the DP Law.
The DP Law also gives you the right to require your personal data held by us to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with procedures stated in the DP Law.
Under the DP Law you may in some circumstances be entitled to have your personal information erased if the processing causes unwarranted and substantial damage or distress. You should notify the relevant data controller of the circumstances in accordance with the DP Law if you wish to exercise this right.
Restriction Of Processing
Under the DP Law you may in some circumstances also be entitled to restrict or block our processing of your personal information. You should notify the relevant data controller of your request and the relevant circumstances in accordance with the DP Law if you wish to exercise this right.
The DP Law gives you the right to obtain and reuse your personal data held by us to another IT environment. If you notify us that you wish to exercise this right, we will arrange the transfer in machine readable form to another IT environment within one month if it is technically possible, or within two months if the transfer is complex or if there have been multiple requests.
Automated Decision Making
You also have the right under the DP Law in some circumstances not to be the subject of a decision based on automated processing or profiling which produces a legal effect or other significant effect on you. If you wish to exercise this right, you should make an objection in accordance with the provisions of the DP Law.
If we have committed any infringement of the DP Law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant regulatory authority in the United Kingdom. The details of the regulator are as follows:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Address: Wycliffe House, Water Ln, Wilmslow SK9 5AF
Phone: 0303 123 1113
Netcall Solutions Ltd
First Floor, 14 Church Street
Phone: 0800 840 4111
Issue: 25th May 2018