24 May MAINTAINING A NATIONWIDE PRESENCE ON A LIMITED BUDGET
Small companies that are looking to increase their market share by appealing to consumers across the country rather than in one single geographical location face a number of obstacles that they will need to be overcome before they can achieve their goal. In order to negotiate these obstacles without falling by the wayside, it will be necessary for such companies to react quickly to problems that are encountered and to ask for help whenever it is needed.
Fortunately, companies in the 21st century have access to a wide range of third-party services that they can use to cushion the financial issues often experienced in times of rapid expansion, along with the Internet, which has revolutionised the way many firms promote their good and services to a wider audience.
Any successful expansion needs to be planned for carefully. You must consider all the possible problems that you might encounter and think about how you are going to deal with them should they arise. The following factors are all of prime importance and could make the difference between unqualified success and abject failure. Be sure to consider them when putting together your business expansion plans.
- How Quickly You Respond to New Enquiries – The best advertising campaigns and marketing strategies are sure to fail if you are unable to capitalise on the interest in your company that they generate. To ensure that you make the most of the exposure you gain and the interest you generate, it will be necessary to have a plan in place to deal with the increase in enquires that your company receives. The most cost effective way to handle a rapid increase in incoming calls is to work with a company that provides telephone answering services such as ourselves. The only practical alternative is to hire a number of temporary receptionists to augment your existing team and this option will almost always be a costlier and more difficult solution to implement.
- The Public Image Your Company Projects – When you are happy to appeal to a small minority of consumers in one part of the country, having a strictly local presence can be a very useful marketing tool. However, when you are promoting your products or services to the whole nation, such an image could do more harm than good. To ensure that your organisation is perceived as having the resources to cope with orders from a nationwide customer base, it is a good idea to maintain more than one branch office, even if they are only virtual offices. It is also worth engaging the services of a professional publicist, who specialises in corporate work, to assist with the transformation of your public image from small local concern to national champion.
- Workforce Morale – A small company with a committed and dedicated workforce can achieve miracles when it comes to implementing ambitious expansion plans. On the other hand, a company that is staffed by disillusioned employees who feel they are sure to be left out in the cold once an injection of new blood has been administered is highly unlikely to succeed in its expansionary aims. It is therefore imperative to communicate your plans to all employees and to make sure they are all aware that they will play a key role in the future success of the company. Employees who feel valued almost always perform at a higher level than those who do not and when you are trying to expand a small company to compete with much larger organisations on a nationwide stage, you will need all the help you can get from your workforce.
- Business Premises – Whether your premises are a crucial factor or not will depend on the nature of the business in which you are engaged but we have included them in this list because for those engaged in providing a service rather than a product, they will be of vital importance. Whilst virtual offices will suffice for commercial enterprises that never invite potential customers to visit their business premises, physical buildings, in a prestigious location, will be needed by those firms that offer a consultancy service to companies or individuals. On a limited budget, serviced offices on a short-term contract make far more sense than any other option that may be open to your organisation.
- Promotional Methods – Undoubtedly the most cost effective way to reach a wider audience nowadays, online promotion should form the core of your marketing activities prior to and during expansion. If you have the time, improving the ranking of your corporate website in organic search engine results is the way to go. On the other hand, if time is in short supply, as it so often is in the modern world of commerce, more direct means may need to be employed. Pay-per-click advertising offers even the smallest of companies, with the strictest of budgets, the chance to appear on the first page of search engine results at a reasonable cost.
- Accurate Accounts – Access to accurate data concerning the financial performance of your company as it expands will be absolutely crucial to your efforts. In addition to making sure your records are 100% accurate, you will need to ensure they are as up to date as they can possibly be. With the most recent figures to refer to, you will stand a much better chance of spotting any errors that have been made before they cost too much money and of quickly identifying the most lucrative markets you discover along the way. If you cannot afford to hire more full-time accountancy staff, consider to a third-party provider instead.
Even with all of the above factors taken into account, you are going to need a large slice of luck and an even larger slice of determination if you are to be able to see your expansion plans through to a successful conclusion. Companies that require assistance with call handling functionality can of course rely on Netcall Solutions to step into the breach at a moment’s notice.